Since the time and grade immemorial, school students have been asked to write elaborate essays on any given topic. Most of the students did dread them but then, some things are inevitable and have to be learned and done. The teachers made sure that the student improves their writing skills, vocabulary and imagination and comes up with an essay that can fetch him good marks.
But, the ‘tyranny’ of essays did not end with school. Colleges too encourage the habit of essay writing so that an individual can improve his skills and expressions. Most of the competitive exams at national and international level demand that the candidate writes an essay on a crucial topic to get through that exam. The essay must be informative, well written and interesting and can be about any topic under the sun.
It is imperative that the topics you choose is interesting and eye grabbing so that the examiner is compelled to read through it till the last word.
Some topics you can choose can be:
- What I have learned during college days
- How important is communication and conversation
- Can youth be of any help to the country?
- Industrial revolution- boom or bane
- Democracy or dictatorship
- What does media do
- Culture and customs- are they important and do they matter
- Best literary stalwarts ever existed
- What to believe- superstition, myths or science
- Unemployment and illiteracy- effects and how they can be tackled
- Some ideal career choices to get to the top
- Does honesty really work?
- How much money is enough money?
- Is reading a waste of time
- Why do we study history?
- If I were a billionaire
- Who is an ideal citizen?
- Effects and side effects of technology
- Is school and college education really important?
- Are men stronger than women?
- If I were the President
- Should animals be in the open or in a zoo?
- How about teachers also wearing uniforms
- Should students also take a class full of teachers to tell them what’s right and what’s
- Is it worth paying out taxes?
- How about teachers sitting for an exam and students grading them?
- Jobs that women can do and men can’t
- What is the right age for a child to get in touch with technology?
- What if there were no computers
- Why should you write essays?
- Does migration help or destroy?